8 men braved an Xbox Q on a deceivingly humid day at Heritage Park.
Pax: Sleepless, Bob, Razor, Singlet, The Hoff, Hollywood, Goose, Xbox (Q)
Warm-up: Ran from the West side of the AO to the east side.
• 10 IC Daisy pickers
• 10 IC Windmills
• 10 IC Merkins
• 15 IC Arm circles and flapjack
Thang: Looking north, YHC sees some stairs so temptively asking for Jacob’s ladder.
• Up: Hand release Merkins (thank you Hollywood for the suggestion)
• Down: Jillian Michael’s (no one really liked those)
Pick up six and a 10 count…once again:
• Up: Sumo squats
• Down: WW1 situps
Pick up six, 10 count, and head over to the tennis courts.
I remember SPAM smoking me at KiMS on the tennis court with something called balls or wall of fire… anyway, YHC could not figure the name or exactly how it went…so we did it three times to make sure we knew.
1. Partner up; one partner does two laps of running with 8 burpees on the far side; partner two starts with people’s chair and switches to balls to the wall after lap one.
2. YHC decides that wasn’t right, so we tried again.
a. No more partners; YHC is pretty sure we just start at one end of the line allowing each member to do some exercise and switch when the person completes. YHC gives the option of forward lunges each leg or Iron Mikes (jump lunges), same count. The generous PAX all decided to do Iron Mikes to allow for less time on the wall. Very 3rd F of all of you. 😍
3. Nope YHC decided it was still wrong!! Man, and the PAX is already looking pretty beat. YHC remembers the cadence of switching between people’s chair and balls to the wall being a lot closer.
a. Same premise of starting at one end of the line and moving across…but we went down to the end and back again to the beginning. Simple: each PAX runs (sprints if legs allow) two laps while the others switch after each lap from the chair to balls to the wall. My man Razor, on the very end, does four laps and we head back down the line.
Whew! Everyone’s legs and shoulders were smoked by this point…lots of alternative exercises to compensate for muscle failure.
• High plank while 2 PAX do 10 count
• Low plank while 2 PAX do 10 count
• Repeato until all PAX do 10 count
YHC gives the PAX the exercise and a stretch goal for upcoming (challenge is to not recover until YHC indicates):
• Normal: while doing exercises, hands under the butt
• Stretch: hands are vertical pointing to the sky
○ 15 IC Flutter kicks
○ 15 IC Rosalitas
○ 11 IC Dollies (if you can’t Q it, don’t do it; YHC was smoked!)
Still time to go, so we did some more planks;
• Starting in high plank
○ Right arm high (stretch is with leg high as well)
• Down to low plank
Stayed in low plank for a Sleepless 10 count and done!!
Countorama and namorama, a ton of announcements, and then:
Goose for some WoW:
Goose indicated he’d been away for a while doing some marathon training and noticed he was a bit more smoked than he is used to. He expressed thanks for the fellowship and the hard workout: something he does not get by himself. YHC agrees these are great words and has missed the gloom a lot over the last couple months.
• Thanks for the push from The Hoff: #runwithfastermen
• Bob let me know after the workout that he was concerned I thought he was out of shape; he let YHC know that he works out with us having only one lung!! Yes men, one lung; much harder to workout with one one of those versus one testicle, right Singlet?!? Bob mentioned he lost the lung in a wartime injury. Great respect for this man and thank you for your service sir.
• Sleepless thanked YHC for #mwha (making workouts hard again); glad to be of service. 😁
As always, thank you men for allowing me to be your leader today. Be prepared for a VQ by The Hoff next week. Ikes, that’ll be a killer leg workout.