Nine men showed up on a perfect spring PNW morning to get better.
Xbox, Lateral, Salsa, Kelvin (FNG), DigDug, Kojak, Legal Zoom, Detro (FNG), AP (Q)
- Run to field
- Warmup CoP: SSHs, Merkins, Squats, Mountain Climbers
- Pair up. Dora 1-2-3.
- Form teams of 3. Hand-slap Merkins with descending (3, 2, 1) burpees
- Jack Webbs
- Lt. Dan
- Escalator with lap around fountain
- Mosey to far side of field
- Escalator with lap up/down stairs
- Mosey back to start
- Best weather day of the year thus far.
- FNG Kelvin crushed it. His hospital name sounds like Celsius, so Kojak nailed the naming with Kelvin.
- Speaking of Kojak, he was on fire with the naming. When told the other FNG was in IT work and had moved here from Detroit, Kojak deemed “he took the IT from Detroit.” Hence, FNG Detro.
- I continue to be impressed with the men who post to the growing 3rd F group. But they made me and LZ almost believe we would be working out alone with their 6:58 am arrivals.
- Coffeeteria was classic. Detro got comfortable quick, especially with LZ. “You met your wife when I was one.” Hahahah.
- Words: Give this away, and find your community. It’s why F3 was created.
- Thanks for the opportunity to Q, DigDug!
We started with like 13 men, and 5 more joined while in the warmup CoP to make 18 in Kirkland for a perfect spring morning.
Hail, JarJar, Guero, Gilligan (LIFO*), Spam, The Dude (LIFO), Tardy (LIFO, duh), Spotlight, Joystick, Salsa, Santa, Spore, Dilfer (LIFO), Schnitzel, Kramer, MASH, Singlet (LIFO), AP
* LIFO = Last in first out in accounting but a guy who shows up late or leaves early in F3 lexicon.
- Warmup CoP: 20x SSHs, 10x Merkins, 20x Flutters, 10x Slow Squats
- Fast mosey to soccer fields (lower)
- Red Barchetta + (Plus meaning adding in 5 Jillian Michaels, yay)
- Mosey to cul-de-sac at top of stairs
- Jacob’s Ladder up side hill, toward playground set
- Bear crawl to first light post, lunge walk to second
- Fast mosey to softball fields
- Partner up. Santa’s Ladder… figure out how to get both sets done among two pax
- Fast mosey back to start. No time for anything else.
- Soooooo good to have our bud Spore back. Love when a guy hasn’t been out for a while and returns. Spore has a great reason… he owns a CrossFit shop, and he opens the place at 4:45 am every day. As such, he absolutely CRUSHED it today, spending basically the whole time at the front (with Santa, Salsa, The Dude and a couple others at times).
- Speaking of Salsa, he is Puget Sound’s burpee king. He does them correctly, fast, and yet also sounds like he may give birth at any moment if winded.
- We have found Joystick’s Kryptonite… Lunge Walks. He’s the anti-Alright Alright Alright.
- Hats off to Spam and The Dude for leading plank-o-rama during the times the PAX got a little spread out on Jacob’s ladder and Barchetta. Leadership there. Speaking of, The Dude with the commit to Q next week!
- Great to have Tardy out there despite he’s still hampered by the hamstring.
- Hail is pretty quiet. He’s like a silent workout assassin. Of course, there were very few mumble chattering today. That was a tough 2.4 miles covered.
- Ruck on Friday led by MASH, he’s going to work with Spam to get it on the calendar. Guero asks that PAX add a Nickname to their Facebook profiles for better discover-ability (apparently Facebook searches nicknames well in addition to where you live, how much you earn, what you buy at Target, etc. etc. etc. — hahahhaaha).
- Words: without consequences (positive or negative), there is no accountability.
The shovel flag was planted, and 8 Redmond men started their week right on what turned out to be a brisk but near perfect morning.
JarJar, Hollywood, FSBO, Singlet, Thrift Shop, Worthington, Spotlight, AP (Q)
- Mosey to middle of campus
- CoP: SSHs, Imperial Walkers, Merkins, Squats
- Run to tennis courts
- Red Barchetta with 5 Jillian Michaels added for fun
- Run to southern parking lot, form two groups
- Group 1 calls out exercise for Group 2 to AMRAP while they run the lot. Flapjack until all PAX have called an exercise.
- Mosey to basketball court at base of the humps.
- Jacob’s Ladder with burpees.
- Mosey to straightaway between field, lung walk the length.
- Run back to the start.
- 4 MoM
- Great to see JarJar out for his second workout in three days! Those were two good ones to kick off F3 with.
- I think Maybe and Thrift Shop could be brothers.
- Hollywood crushed Group 2 by calling Merkins or a variant thereof right after Barchetta.
- FSBO had on at least 23 layers at the start.
- Singlet is still fast.
- Worthington and Spotlight didn’t say much but crushed it #SilentWarriors
- WoW spent today on how when delivering a WoW, how you address the men can have impact. Sitting in CoT, standing in a circle, or doing a Ball of Man all have different ways to address the pax.