23 motivated on Saturday men came to KiMS, not worried about the potential rain in the forecast. None were tardy (no LIFO’s)but the Q was “Tardy”. A trip to Mount Merlot was in the offing, with studly yoga sprinkled in all across the 60 minute, 3.1 mile, 950 calorie work-out (per my Apple Watch).
PAX: Kramer, Swinger, Finstrom , Squirt (back in the fold after 1 year+ hiatus!), Mile High (also a “welcome back, have not seen you in a while”), Convict, Doaner, Grissom, Gekko, Handbag, Dunder, The Hof, Rudy, Gilligan, Cowboy, Maybe, Mifflin, Wooley Bugger, Lateral, Tardy (Q), Turnpike (FNG), Primate (FNG).
- Warm-up; SSHs, Imperial Walkers, Mountain Climbers, Downward Dog – Upward Dog series.
- Mosey to the planters in three teams, rotate into the following exercises: Team one starts with bear crawl up the driveway and run back (acts as the timer), Team 2 performs decline planter walks, Team 3 starts in wall sits. Rotate x 3.
- Mosey to planters #2 for 10-20-30 of: box jumps, decline merkins, dips
- Mosey to Crestwoods Field for 2 rounds of Tyson: 5-10-15 sumo squats followed by 3-6-9 Jillian Michaels. Meet in plank, then yoga downward dog-upward dog series
- Mosey to Mount Merlot.
- 1) Team 1 Bernie Sanders (run backwards) up to first telephone pole (its a long way), perform 10 merkins and return while team 2 performs yoga bird-dogs. Swap and repeat.
- 2) Run to the top of mount merlot, with extra: 5 diamond merkins at the bottom, 10 yoga (narrow) merkins half way, 15 merkins at the top, 20 wide merkins at the telephone pole on the way down
- Mosey to Cross-Connector trail, where we pit stop for 10-20-30, cut short by strong men causing the fence beam to snap; exit the scene of the crime with intent to schedule a Working Party to make repairs at a future date
- 5 MoM and Sandbag work: Unity Squats while passing two sandbags along the outside of the circle. High swat passing two sandbags along the inside. 1 min flutters. 30 seconds yoga Boat Pose.
Announcements: Base to Space; if you are not participating please consider donating to our F3 Team and moving toward stretch goal of $4000 for Fred Hutch Cancer Center. CSAUPs upcoming = Touch Mudder Sept 30 (Q: Grissom) and Custom F3 Ruck Oct 19 (Q: Buckeye)
Named our two FNGs – Welcome Turnpike and Primate!
Words: Think carefully about your words/statements to others, be thoughtful… how others perceive or interpret your words can be surprising/unintended. F3 can improve your confidence. Be confident enough to ask others for feedback and/or engage with people that you think may have taken issue with something you have said or done; leave the ego out.
Exit to Coffeeteria.
Thanks gentleman, great to start to the day and I followed it up with full day of time with 2.0’s and giving the M some time off, and made my “Go30” for the day.