The Pax (6), Icky, Gekko, Journey, Waxie, Hurley and Bangkok (Q).
Mozie to grassy Knoll, 10 Berpie, run to other side 20 merkin, run to other side, 30 Sumo, run to other side, 40 WWI.
Mozie to deck at the maritime academy. 10 Berpie, 20 Incline merkin, 30 decline merkin, 40 dips. Mozie to large wall in parking lot. 60 seconds of XXX balls to the wall.
Mozie back to GW and gravel area between the water and the grass, 10 berpie mid way OYO.
I had made a bench on the water before the W/O to use for Incline M, Decline M and Dips. we meet at this spot (not used).
We split into 2 groups of 3. one group stays at this spot and does a W/O the other team calls out (AMRAP) as the other group runs to a point, does 10 sumo and returns.
WW1’s, squats, planks, then it gets smelly! LBC’s are called out and Gekko lays down in a fresh pile of dog dung! All over his back, shorts and arm! Faced with this situation and the smell, Gekko jumps into lake and does his best impression of being in a washing machine! After the deep clean the W/O continues. Flutters, protractor and sumo squats.
Next is four corners of 10/20/30/40 sumo squats, repeated with WW1″s
We mozie to the whale vertebra and a do bear crawl ladder with increasing Carolina dry docks at each vertebra to the end (9). turn around and do it again!
Now to the bottom of the hill and its Dora 1/2/3 time. Two groups doing 100 merkins, 200 WW1 and 300 sumo squats. The individuals not doing the exercise run half way up the hill, touch the bench and return to contribute to knocking out the tasks.
Mozie to the concrete pad, 10,20,30’s of step ups,
To the top of the hill we go.
25 side straddle hops, DONE!
The events that were described by Danny Stokes (AKA – F3 Linus) the previous Monday W/O touched me deeply. I Just met this gentleman, worked out with him for 45 minutes and then find out the pain he is in, the extraordinary experience he just had and the undertaking he is attacking. The prayer that AP facilitated after Danny’s story drove home the palpable F3 bond and brotherhood we are a part of.
Standing alone in front of MOHI at 5:30, I was at a cross roads. Do I continue with my original W/O plan of the Millennial? I would have to do every exercise to the full 100 and I have nobody to push me. Screw it,
The Thang: The Personal Millennial (TPM ), 100 of 10 exercises, after the completion of each exercise, run around the museum. 1000 exercises activities, 10 times around the museum.
1st exercise is the side straddle hop.
2nd. The merkin
3rd Sumo squat
4th Incline merkin
6th decline merkin
7th step ups
At the completion of my WW1″s and (they killed me, i used the large dock cleats to lock my feet to the ground) I looked at my watch for the first time. It was 6:15 on the button. I knew I could not complete 100 berpies in short order to complete the Millennial, so I ran around the building and completed the
10th exercise, The Russian hammer
last run around the building, the end.
Time. 6:21, 51 minutes.
WOW, I can not believe I just did that, 7 months ago I could not do 5 sit ups! I need a Beer!
3 awesome men joined me at Field 5 for a workout. We had to confine our workout to a small field of grass due to construction but we made the most of it!
PAX: Snip, Brady, Kobe, Thrift Shop (Q)
Warm-Up: SSH (20), Arm Circles, Squats (15),
Jack Webbs (run 50 yd and back, then 1 burpee + 4 air presses, repeat 4 times with each time increasing 1 burpee and 4 air presses, repeat 4 more times with each time decreasing by 1 burpee and 4 air presses)
4 Corners (PAX runs to the next corner of the field and performs 20 reps of an exercise)
— First circuit: Lunges, high-jump burpees, WW1s, 60 sec of tree-hugger squat
— Second circuit: Merkins, xxx, Kobe cobra-merkins, Carolina dry-docks
6MOM: flutters, protractor, box-cutters
Words: life is hectic and it’s easy to be overwhelmed. Ask for help if you need it.
Moleskin: Snip almost killed us with 20 high-jump burpees in the 4 corners (jeez, dude! :)). It was great to see Brady posting again after his stint in IR. He bragged about his ability to do finger-tip Merkins (rock on, guy!). Kobe, thanks for bringing your calm force to the workout!
Warm Up: arm circles, imperial walks, windmills – hold plank until Meet up joins circle
Go time – Wave Merkins – circle up, first man goes down and holds, next man…until it comes back and then up and hold, switch to one arm, to plank, we did this for a good amount of time…shoulders!
Mosey to Fountain – 20 derkins then 20 pike rally left, 20 derkins pike rally left and then right
Mosey to beach, 20 high derkins, then half PAX to 20 derkins others to hop ups and switch
Mosey to stairs, 10 inchworm push ups, 20 WW1, then up 3 flights of stairs x 2
Mosey back down, 10 inchworm push ups then mosey back to beach, 20 derkins, back to fountain, 20 derkins and 20 pike rally
back to COT for long plank then 2 minutes of flutter.
COT – Spam shared about spending one on one time with your kids and how important it is for those bonds. Plan out special things for the summer, outdoors, new places, new things, but plan in advance or it does not happen.
Great work this morning gents, my shoulders are going to feel it tomorrow!
Warmup (“just a few (5- or 10-count) reps of each”… Q took the reps kinda slow, knowing what would soon be happening)
– side straddle hop, merkins, sit ups, squats
Modified APFT (Army Physical Fitness Training) exercises
– Mosey to middle of park, find a partner, form two lines, partners facing each other
– 1 minute max-effort pushups: one partner goes while other holds fist under chest (flapjack)
– 1 minute max-effort situps: one partner goes while other holds feet in place (flapjack)
Form 3 teams of 5 pax
– each team picks up a 100+ lb sandbag “worm” (2 bags connected by a carabiner)
– “mosey” to south end of park (it looks different with sandbags)
“Swedish ‘Ton of Fun’ Mile” around the track, counter-clockwise
– two guys at front of each team pick up the worm and complete 20 reps of an exercise (20 reps x 100# = 1 TON of weight movement), while the rest of the team does burpees
– those same two guys carry the worm a quarter lap, where they happily drop said worm for the early birds at the back of their team line
– two guys from the back of each team step forward. Repeat-o for a full mile and more than 8 tons of lifting for each team. 24 tons total.
– Exercises with the worm included: deadlifts, thrusters, overhead holds for 20 seconds, static hold at bottom of squat, shoulder-to-shoulder, overhead squats
– Completed the mile at west side of park
A little sprint work to balance all that long, slow stuff
– sprint to electrical box in center of park and back
– as a team, run to railing at top of fountain, and bear crawl back (just to cool off our hands in the wet grass)
– 10-count flutter kicks with some guys holding sandbags over their heads (rotate other guys in for more)
– Bro-tractor with sandbags over head (rotate other guys in)
– Inspired to see so many pax in attendance! I think at one point we were up to 50 or so (did I count wrong)… but then the sandbags came out… so the final count was 15, lol
– Lots of “interesting” sounds during the APFT pushups and situps… mostly positive words of encouragement & cheering … but also some grunting and other guttural noises
– Wow. The teams got after the sand bags. Working with weight is no joke. So awesome to see guys jumping right in, both to try something new… and also to work as a team to get stuff done
– Specific shout-outs to Dig Dug and Xbox who, at different times, let me know that the sandbag stuff was too easy. Beasts.
– Very inspired by Bull Horn… on his second day ever at this AO… jumping right in and pushing through a very heavy slog-fest. Love his commitment!
– Perhaps I need not say more than to draw attention to the photo. This was at the end of the fun… Look at those smiles. Infectious.
– We were having so much fun under the weight, and working together, that a large number of passers-by stopped to either gawk or encourage us. Several invites were overheard!
– 2nd Kidvergence this morning at KIMS at 9. First one was very well attended.
– Bellevue AO won the recent competition for most FNG’s! (Coffee on Dig Dug this morning!)
– New 12-week competition to have as many VQ’s as possible. Several guys gave verbal commitments!
– Look for F3 Puget Sound newsletter to be emailed on Sunday
– “You are more valuable than a telephone pole.” Inspired by a story told to Blue by a homeless man he knows. The man, “J,” had all his belongings fire-bombed by someone who wanted him dead. His tent & belongings happened to be beside a telephone pole. J did not get much response from the police, but several authorities came out in force to inspect the damage done to the telephone pole, and to plan their investigation into who damaged the pole. J knows that he is infinitely more valuable than that pole, although he wasn’t getting much support from others in reminding him. What are the “damaged telephone poles” in our lives that some might have us believe are more valuable than us? Is it a lost job, a failed relationship? Those things might get more attention than us, but know in your heart that those things do not define you. You have inherent, infinite value. Perhaps we can pass along that reminder to someone who needs to hear it.
11 men made it out despite Alexa’s sabotage efforts stealing our site Q’s and whatnot, and mostly non-regulars!
FNG Lamb Chop
Also – Bodhi sighting at the tail end finishing a run and stopped to say hi
Beautiful night, not too hot, moderate clouds, more running than usual…
Bropees x 5
Bearcrawl to courts
Mosey to benches
10/20/30: decline, incline, dips
Jack Webb 1×4…5×20 and back down. Much complaining.
Mosey to Everest park
Half Stadium stair run / half wall sit
various permutations of that including burpees
4 corners = Pax helpfully stepped in and called excercises, Schnitzel bringing the Gorilla Humpers to a new audience.
A few random excercises while wandering around looking for the trail
Back to base
Only time for 10 WW1’s!
Thanks for letting me Q and your patience as we explored some new terrain!
Words: Lot of different guys in F3 -not a monoculture. If you want to find some friends to do a crazy athletic event, great, but also guys to catch a movie, have a beer, get together with kids, etc. Find your sub-groups and the more you put in the more you get out.
Beers and fun were had. Your Q was bought a beer for helping carry a stroller up the stairs. Good Karma!
The Needle draws visitors whether you are going up for the views or running around the base to sweat your ass off. Awesome to have three folks from out of town today!
14 men chose to get up and get better this morning. And I appreciated each and every one of them.
Alexa (Q), AP (Royalty), Crabs, FIB (Naperville), Heat (Chicago), 529 (ShadeOn), Wooly Bugger (ItLookedEasy), LaFleur (NewSiteQ!!!!), Bangkok (Crushedit), Dookie (2ndWrkoutPfft), The Bobs (FNG), Luigi (GreatJobToday), Rev. Flo-Rida (CLT Metro), and Big City (Impressive)
Warm UP – SSH 20X, Burpees 5 OYO
No time to waste on warm up – lets go.
Mosey to the Dark Alley
BearPee Mile! Crowd Favorite, bear crawl to a four count and then do a burpee, distance covered – the Dark Alley
Mosey to the Rock Garden
10, 20, 30s – declined, inclined, dips
Mosey round the outside, round the outside to the stairs
Salmon Ladder – sum to 7, Prisoner Squats at bottom, 2 count Lunges at top. Alternate both flights of stairs up and Box Jump
Mosey to Commode Fountain for The Swirly
Partner up in threes/fours two people do an exercise AMRAP while the other person or pair does a ring around the Fountain bowl as the timer. Swirly.
Exercises: WWI pushups, hand slap merkins, leg throws.
Mosey to the Stage for three rounds of BLIMPS.
1X BLIMPS – Lap, 2X BLIMPS – Lap, 3XBLIMPS – Lap
Mosey to the start, 19X LBCs and DONE.
Announcements – Puget Sound Shirt/Gear order is live, 2.0 Kidvergence this Sat 9am at Kirkland Middle School (Ending with Water Balloon War – Dads V Kids). CSAUPS, Rucks, Mud Runs, Charity Events all coming up, look at the email if you want to get in on all of that.
Words – Rev Flo Rida – shared his recent job change story and emphasized two things, IMHO, first…what you think is ideal may neither be the best outcome or what will come to fruition. And second, focus on improving yourself and ask for help to get better as a human whether that is from your god or friends, family, or F3 men and by getting better the right things will come to you!