4 Pax met at Peter Kirk Pool at 0530 for a workout in the water and had a great start to the day.
PAX: Guerra, Foley, Dig Dug, Tardy (Q). Our expert swimmer and regular Aquaman Tuesday Q, The Hof, was missed (on vacation, dancing in Idaho last we saw), but we stole liberally from the past Hof workouts and created a strong session.
- Warm up: 200 yards (4 laps) slow swim, mixed strokes as desired
- 50 yards legs only, using kick board + 100 yards (2 laps) arms only using leg bouy
- Repeato, 1 lap leg kicks 2 laps freestyle arms only
- 3 Sets of 150 yards, where in each set we mixed 50 yds “easy” + 50 “medium hard” and 50 “hard”
- 50 yards easy, sidestroke or stroke of choice
- Mosey swim to the deep end for 6 minutes of treading water water (drown-inducing or drown-proofing depending on your skill and effort
- 30 seconds tread water normal, 45 seconds keep shoulders above water; repeato
- 30 seconds tread water normal, 45 seconds raise hands above water and no-hands tread
- 45 seconds normal tread ( considered “rest”); 30 seconds get shoulders out of the water ( hard!), then go underwater, hold your breath underwater for 10 count
- recover to the pool edge
COT and ANNOUNCEMENTS. Base to Space, Custom Ruck, and we talked a bunch about F3 cabin/camping opps and venues. For Sept Kachess Lake weekend Guerra heading out Friday AM to secure the site
WORDS: Since none of the other Pax other than Tardy were at KIMS this past Saturday, I shared Cowboy’s words from this past weekend, which I thought were very good and impactful to me personally: Find a code to live by. If you have not thought about this, think about it, write it down; what are your standards? At the end of every day if you reflect and determine that you worked and treated people IAW your code and held to are your standards a reference to the teaching of OBT and DRedd), that is winning and that will result in success regardless of the “successes”, “failures”, “what others think”, etc.
Hit the day hard after that.